The 3rd of July is almost upon us and we want to ensure that each and everyone participating or helping out has a most enjoyable day. With this in mind we would ask you to read carefully the information detailed below.
- Starting point at The Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney which will be clearly signposted on all approach routes. You may start at any time from 6a.m – 8a.m. Car parking will be available at The Racecourse
- Sign in and new registrations will be possible
- on the eve of the cycle 6.30p.m. – 9p.m. on Scotts Street which is accessible from East Avenue Road and College Street, AND
- from 6a.m. to 7.45a.m. on the morning of the cycle at The Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney which will be clearly signposted on all approach routes
- Even if you have registered already you must sign in at one of the designated times to collect your bike label which will ensure your access to the food stops and passage by the Stewards at checkpoints. Please bring your registration card/cyclist number with you.
- The emergency number for the day is 087 – 1440054
- This year the route will be signposted with direction arrows and there will be distance indicator signs every 10Kms.
- Main food stops
- At 64 kilometres. Caherciveen .Colaiste na Sceilge, (the school is situated on the Waterville side of the town on the right hand side),
- Light refreshments at Sneem, 110 kilometres. The Sneem Hotel (which is located on the Kenmare side of Sneem on the right hand side)
- At 145 kilometres. Kenmare Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine, Secondary School which is located beside the church.
- There will be a number of water stations along the route.
- Helmets must be worn. Please obey stewards and Gardai and at all times and obey the rules of the road. Be mindful of your own safety and that of others.
- Cyclists can have their photographs taken at the finish line which they can then access online from our website. Certificates will also be given to all participants when they sign back in at the desk located at the Gleneagle Hotel.
- A choice of different food will be available at Scotts Hotel, Scotts Street at specially reduced prices from 4p.m. to 9p.m. on the evening of the cycle. Why not round off the day by joining your fellow-cyclists with open air entertainment which will be provided free of charge from 7p.m. onwards.
- There will be no facility on the day for minding peoples personal belongings so please ensure that you can carry whatever you need on your person/bike.
- Make sure your bike is checked and in good working order. Do this now. Please bring with you at least two spare tubes and a repair kit. Read the online training tips for some great advice www.ringofkerrycycle.ie.
- Event insurance public liability and personal accident is provided by Cycling Ireland. Join Cycling Ireland for €10 and see benefits @ www.cyclingireland.ie.
- Please remember that this is a charity event, so please raise as much as possible and get all sponsorship cards and money back to us by the 31st of August 2010.
We hope you thoroughly enjoy your day.
Radio Kerry Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Committee
Sourced from www.ringofkerrycycle.ie