Information for Ring of Kerry Charity Cyclists
Under: Kerry Cycling
Email from the Ring of Kerry Committee.
With the 2nd of July almost upon us we would like to bring your attention to the following information:
Starting point at The Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney. Ample parking available at Racecourse. Please note: No parking facilities at Gleneagle Hotel
• Sign in and new registrations will be possible on the eve of the cycle 6.00p.m. – 9p.m. on Scotts Street which is accessible from East Avenue Road and College Street ANDfrom 6a.m. to 7.45a.m. on the morning of the cycle at The Racecourse, Ross Road, Killarney which will be clearly signposted on all approach routes
• Even if you have registered already you must sign in at one of the designated times to collect your bike label which will ensure your access to the food stops and passage by the Stewards at checkpoints. Please bring your Entry Ticket with you.
• The emergency number for the day is 087 – 1440054 (in operation between 6.00am and 9.00pm on the day of the cycle)
• Main food stops
– At 64 kilometres. Caherciveen .Colaiste na Sceilge, (the school is situated on the Waterville side of the town on the right hand side),
– Light refreshments at Sneem, 110 kilometres
– At 145 kilometres. Kenmare Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine, Secondary School which is located beside the church.
– There will be a number of water stations along the route.
• Helmets must be worn. Please obey stewards and Gardai and at all times obey the rules of the road. Be mindful of your own safety and that of others.
• Cyclists will have their photographs taken at the finish line. These will be available for download on http://kerrycyclephotos.ie.
• Sign back in at the desk located at the Gleneagle Hotel to notify us of your return and to receive your certificate
• A choice of different food will be available at Scotts Hotel, Scotts Street at specially reduced prices from 4p.m. to 9p.m. on the evening of the cycle. Why not round off the day by joining your fellow-cyclists with open air entertainment which will be provided free of charge from 7p.m. onwards. Food and entertainment also on the Friday 1st July.
• Event insurance public liability and personal accident is provided by Cycling Ireland. Join Cycling Ireland for €10 and see benefits @ www.cyclingireland.ie.
• Please remember that this is a charity event, so please raise as much as possible and get all sponsorship cards and money back to us by the 31st of July 2011.
• There will be no facility on the day for minding peoples personal belongings so please ensure that you can carry whatever you need on your person/bike.
Final message to all,
We hope you thoroughly enjoy your day. You will find the atmosphere, sense of goodwill and camaraderie will carry you around on the day.
Please push the fundraising. – It is not what time you get in its how much you bring in.
Obey the Rules of the Road & Be Courteous
Radio Kerry Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle Committee